I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with a private practice called Wesley Chapel Counseling (Tampa FL area). My areas of expertise include: Anxiety (including PTSD), Grief, and Spirituality Concerns. I have over 20 years of combined experience as a therapist, clinical chaplain, and public school teacher. I have a Master-Level Certification in Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART), a very effective therapy approach for clients who have Trauma backgrounds and Anxiety disorders. I also have training in EFT/Tapping and other various Mind-Body Techniques. My physical office is in the Tampa, FL area, but I also offer Online Therapy sessions for people who reside anywhere in the state of Florida.
I typically work with people experiencing:
✓ ANXIETY- including PTSD, OCD, social anxiety, separation anxiety, general anxiety, phobias.
✓ UNRESOLVED OR COMPLICATED GRIEF – due to a variety of reasons; illness, death, and other losses
✓ SPIRITUAL CONCERNS; also Healers who may have blocks to clear
✓ COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS – presentations to schools, clubs, organizations. Typical topics include: Stress Management, Mind/Body approaches to deal with anxiety, Keys to Wellness. I am a former public school teacher and love the opportunity to share helpful information and tools with others.
Education, Certifications and Specialized Training
- Master of Arts in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Master of Divinity, General Theological Seminary in New York City
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership, State University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, License #MH14676, State of Florida
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Certificate #00117924 Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
- Certified Accelerated Resolution Therapy Practitioner, Master Level, Certificate #M1074
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, International Association of Trauma Professionals
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)/Tapping, Level 1 and 2 Training with Dawson Church, Ph.D., October 25-28, 2016, Minneapolis, MN
- Certified Teacher of Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra, a deep guided meditation approach to calming and balancing the nervous system and for overall wellness; trained under Jennefer Reis of Kripalu Center, February 2017
- Course with Peter Levine, Ph.D., in “Somatic Trauma Treatment,” creator of Somatic Experiencing approach to trauma, 2017
- Pranayama, Breathing Techniques Training, with Larissa Carlson former Dean of Kripalu Center, MA, 2018
- IS-ART, International Society of Accelerated Resolution Therapy
- International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP)
- American Counseling Association